MoPi: Mobile Power for the Raspberry Pi - Low Profile Redundant Power
MoPi is mobile and 24/7 power for the Pi. On your bike, up a tree, or for your home server: we've got you covered. Compatible with the Raspberry Pi 2, B+
The MoPi gives you the ability to add redundant power supplies to your Raspberry Pi giving you basic UPS functionality. It's not quite a UPS - it doesn't have built in battery charging - but it's close.
- multiple inputs — standard batteries, car power sockets, old laptop supplies, solar panels, and more... all attachable via standard screw terminals
- hot-swap power replacement without stopping work
- shutdown the Pi cleanly when batteries discharge
- integrated on/off switch
- usable as a UPS (uninterruptible power supply) by attaching both batteries and mains
- on-board LED indicators and on screen linux system notifications
- configuration of multiple battery chemistries and number of cells from a UI on the Pi
- full API in Python, plus a shell-friendly command-line interface
- stackable headers allowing connections of multiple boards at once (e.g. MoPi + XLoBorg, or MoPi + AirPi, or etc.).
- PCB remoting pads for the power switch
- self-resetting fuse for over-current protection
- two-way communication via the I2C bus
- remote power-off: tell MoPi to power down the Pi when logged-in remotely (after a clean shutdown, of course)
- timer-based wake-up: tell MoPi what time you want your Pi to wakeup, then power it down and MoPi will boot the Pi as requested
- 3.3V supply mod: swap three resistors and supply 3.3V, overpowering the Pi's on-board regulator and saving the power that is dissipated there, for weight and battery life critical applications like ballooning
- wide input voltage range: 6.2V to 20V
- designed in Sheffield, made in Europe, used all over the world
Choose between stackable and low-profile GPIO headers (if you want to fit your MoPi into tight spaces, you want a low-profile header; if you want to stack MoPi with other Pi add-on boards, then you want a stackable header).
For more details surf on over to http://pi.gate.ac.uk/mopi.
Note: DO NOT plug MoPi onto your Pi while the Pi is powered up!
Comment on this product
Just so you know; all our prices include GST, orders over $100.00 qualify for free shipping. Everything that is in stock (green tick icon) ships overnight on CourierPost. A lot of things that have the "blue question mark" stock icon are actually available now direct from our suppliers, please feel free to ask us if you aren't sure.
All our products are sourced through official channels, and come with a manufacturers warranty. Here's our returns policy if you'd like to read it before purchasing.