Pololu 12V, 2.2A Step-Down Voltage Regulator D24V22F12
This small synchronous switching step-down (or buck) regulator takes an input voltage of up to 36 V and efficiently reduces it to 12 V. The board measures only 0.7″ × 0.7″ yet delivers a typical continuous output current of up to 2.2 A and features reverse voltage protection. Typical efficiencies of 90% to 95% make this regulator well suited for powering moderate loads like sensors or small motors. An optional shutdown pin enables a low-power state with a current draw of around 50 μA to 350 μA, depending on the input voltage, and a power-good output indicates when the regulator cannot adequately maintain the output voltage.
The D24V22F12 step-down voltage regulator generates lower output voltages from input voltages as high as 36 V. It is a synchronous switching regulator (also called a switched-mode power supply (SMPS) or DC-to-DC converter) with typical efficiencies of 90% to 95%, which is much more efficient than linear voltage regulators, especially when the difference between the input and output voltage is large. The available output current is a function of the input voltage and efficiency (see the Typical efficiency and output current section below), but the output current can typically be as high as 2.2 A.
These regulators have a typical quiescent (no load) current draw of around 1 mA, and an enable pin can be used to put the boards in a low-power state that reduces the quiescent current to approximately 5 µA to 10 µA per volt on VIN.
The modules have built-in reverse-voltage protection, short-circuit protection, a thermal shutdown feature that helps prevent damage from overheating, and a soft-start feature that reduces inrush current.
- Supports input voltages up to 36 V
- Fixed 12 V output with 4% accuracy
- Typical maximum continuous output current: 2.2 A
- Typical efficiency of 90% to 95%, depending on input voltage and load
- Dropout voltage ranges from ~0.6 V at no load to ~1.1 V at 2.2 A (see below for more information on dropout voltage)
- Switching frequency: ~400 kHz
- Integrated reverse-voltage protection, over-current protection, over-temperature shutoff, and soft-start
- 1 mA typical no-load quiescent current; this can be reduced to approximately 5 µA to 10 µA per volt on VIN by disabling the board
- “Power good” output indicates when the regulator cannot adequately maintain the output voltage
- Compact size: 0.7″ × 0.7″ × 0.31″ (17.8 mm × 17.8 mm × 8 mm)
- Two 0.086″ mounting holes for #2 or M2 screws
Full details on the Pololu website here.
(Pololu product 2855)
Comment on this product
Just so you know; all our prices include GST, orders over $100.00 qualify for free shipping. Everything that is in stock (green tick icon) ships overnight on CourierPost. A lot of things that have the "blue question mark" stock icon are actually available now direct from our suppliers, please feel free to ask us if you aren't sure.
All our products are sourced through official channels, and come with a manufacturers warranty. Here's our returns policy if you'd like to read it before purchasing.