Pololu 3.3V, 2.5A Step-Down Voltage Regulator D24V25F3
The Pololu 3.3V, 2.5A Step-Down Voltage Regulator D24V25F3 is a small synchronous switching step-down (or buck) regulator takes an input voltage of up to 38 V and efficiently reduces it to 3.3V. The board measures only 0.7″ × 0.7″, but it allows a typical continuous output current of up to 2.5 A. Typical efficiencies of 85% to 95% make this regulator well suited for powering moderate loads like sensors or small motors. High efficiencies are maintained at light loads by dynamically changing the switching frequency, and an optional shutdown pin enables a low-power state with a current draw of a few hundred microamps.
This step-down (buck) regulator generates a fixed 3.3 V output from input voltages up to 38 V. It is a switching regulator (also called a switched-mode power supply (SMPS) or DC-to-DC converter) and has a typical efficiency between 85% to 95%. The available output current is a function of the input voltage and efficiency (see the Typical Efficiency and Output Current section below), but the input current can typically be as high as 2.5 A. The regulator has a typical quiescent current draw of less than 1 mA, and the ENABLE pin can be used to put the board in a low-power state that reduces the quiescent current to approximately 10 µA to 20 µA per volt on VIN.
For higher-power applications, we carry a slightly larger, pin-compatible version of this regulator that has a typical maximum output current of 5 A.
Two even larger, higher-power versions of this regulator are also available: one with a typical maximum output current of 6 A, and the other with a typical maximum output current of 9 A. The higher-power versions also have a few additional features, like a “power good” signal and the ability to lower their output voltage, and they include optional terminal blocks for easy removable connections.
This regulator has built-in reverse-voltage protection, short-circuit protection, thermal shutdown, a soft-start feature that reduces inrush current, and an under-voltage lockout.
- Input voltage: 4.5 V to 38 V (see below for more details on the regulator’s dropout voltage, which affects the low end of the operating range)
- Fixed 3.3 V output (with 4% accuracy)
- Typical maximum continuous output current: 2.5 A
- Integrated reverse-voltage protection, over-current protection, over-temperature shutoff, soft-start, and under-voltage lockout
- Typical efficiency of 85% to 95%, depending on input voltage and load; the switching frequency automatically changes at light loads to maintain high efficiencies
- 700 μA typical no-load quiescent current; can be reduced to 10 µA to 20 µA per volt on VIN by disabling the board
- Compact size: 0.7″ × 0.7″ × 0.35″ (17.8 mm × 17.8 mm × 8.8 mm)
- Two 0.086″ mounting holes for #2 or M2 screws
Comment on this product
Just so you know; all our prices include GST, orders over $100.00 qualify for free shipping. Everything that is in stock (green tick icon) ships overnight on CourierPost. A lot of things that have the "blue question mark" stock icon are actually available now direct from our suppliers, please feel free to ask us if you aren't sure.
All our products are sourced through official channels, and come with a manufacturers warranty. Here's our returns policy if you'd like to read it before purchasing.