Pololu TB67H420FTG Dual/Single Motor Driver Carrier
This breakout board makes it easy to use Toshiba’s TB67H420FTG brushed DC motor driver, which can operate in either dual-channel mode for independent bidirectional control of two motors or single-channel mode for driving one motor with increased current. It has a wide operating voltage range of 10 V to 47 V and can deliver a continuous 1.7 A to each motor channel, or 3.4 A in single-channel mode. A configurable current chopping threshold allows the TB67H420 to actively limit the motor current, and it features built-in protection against under-voltage, over-current, and over-temperature conditions; our carrier board also adds reverse-voltage protection (up to 40 V).
The TB67H420FTG from Toshiba is an H-bridge motor driver IC that can be used for bidirectional control of one or two brushed DC motors at 10 V to 47 V. It can supply up to about 1.7 A continuously to each of two separate motors or about 3.4 A to a single motor, and it can tolerate peak currents up to 4.5 A per channel (dual) or 9 A (single) for a few seconds, making it a good choice for small- to medium-sized motors that run at higher voltages. The TB67H420FTG is a great IC, but its small surface-mount package makes it difficult for the typical student or hobbyist to use; our breakout board makes it easy to use with standard solderless breadboards and 0.1″ perfboards. Since this board is a carrier for the TB67H420FTG, we recommend careful reading of the TB67H420FTG datasheet (460k pdf). The board ships populated with SMD components, including the TB67H420FTG and a reverse battery protection circuit.
- Single- or dual-channel H-bridge motor driver (can drive one or two DC motors)
- Motor supply voltage: 10 V to 47 V
- Output current:
- up to 1.7 A continuous (4.5 A peak) per motor in dual-channel mode
- up to 3.4 A continuous (9 A peak) in single-channel mode
- Configurable current chopping actively limits motor current to 4.5 A per channel (dual) or 9 A (single) by default; can be lowered with external resistors or voltage sources
- No separate logic supply needed; inputs are 3V- and 5V-compatible
- Flexible input interface provides several options for control
- Under-voltage lockout and protection against over-current/short-circuit and over-temperature
- Open-load detection
- Carrier board adds reverse-voltage protection up to 40 V
- Active-low error outputs indicate over-current, over-temperature, or open-load condition
- Compact size (1.0″ × 1.2″)
- Exposed solderable ground pad below the driver IC on the bottom of the PCB
Note: the motor supply capacitors on this carrier are rated for 50 V; this is less margin than on most of our motor driver carriers, which have ICs with ratings of 40 V or less. Please keep this in mind if you want to push the high-voltage limit of this driver.
This product ships with all surface-mount components—including the TB67H420FTG driver IC—installed as shown in the product picture. However, soldering is required for assembly of the included through-hole parts: one 1×20-pin breakaway 0.1″ male header and three 2-pin, 3.5 mm terminal blocks (for board power and motor outputs).
The 0.1″ male header can be broken or cut into smaller pieces as desired and soldered into the smaller through-holes. These headers are compatible with solderless breadboards, 0.1″ female connectors, and our premium and pre-crimped jumper wires. The terminal blocks can be soldered into the larger holes to allow for convenient temporary connections of unterminated power and motor wires (see our short video on terminal block installation). You can also solder your motor leads and other connections directly to the board for the most compact installation.
(Pololu product 2999)
Comment on this product
Just so you know; all our prices include GST, orders over $100.00 qualify for free shipping. Everything that is in stock (green tick icon) ships overnight on CourierPost. A lot of things that have the "blue question mark" stock icon are actually available now direct from our suppliers, please feel free to ask us if you aren't sure.
All our products are sourced through official channels, and come with a manufacturers warranty. Here's our returns policy if you'd like to read it before purchasing.