SparkFun Inventor's Kit for micro:bit
The SparkFun Inventor’s Kit (SIK) for micro:bit is a great way to get creative, connected and coding with the micro:bit. The SIK for micro:bit provides not only the micro:bit board but everything you need to hook up and experiment with multiple electronic circuits! With the SIK for micro:bit you will be able to complete circuits that will teach you how to read sensors, move motors, build Bluetooth devices and more.
The SparkFun Inventor’s Kit for micro:bit is the latest and greatest in single-board computer kits. Surrounding the micro:bit SIK is one core philosophy –– that anyone can (and should) be able to experiment with cutting-edge electronics in a fun and playful way without breaking the bank.
The kit does not require any soldering and is recommended for all users, from beginners to engineers. We are currently writing a complete Experiment Guide featuring 14 (or more) unique circuit examples for you to utilize and learn more about the micro:bit! It will be released when we make the micro:bit SIK live with stock. If you have ever been interested in learning about electronics, or if you have used the original SparkFun Inventor’s Kit and are looking for something new, the SIK for micro:bit is the perfect kit for you!
The micro:bit is a pocket-sized computer that lets you get creative with digital technology. Between the micro:bit and our shield-like bit boards you can do almost anything while coding, customizing and controlling your micro:bit from almost anywhere! You can use your micro:bit for all sorts of unique creations, from robots to musical instruments and more. At half the size of a credit card, this versatile board has vast potential!
- Circuit 1: Blinking an LED
- Circuit 2: Reading a Potentiometer
- Circuit 3: Driving an RGB LED
- Circuit 4: Driving Multiple LEDs
- Circuit 5: Using the LED Array
- Circuit 6: Reading a Button Press
- Circuit 7: Reading a Photoresistor
- Circuit 8: Reading the Temperature Sensor
- Circuit 9: Using a Servo Motor
- Circuit 10: Using Buzzer Data
- Circuit 11: Using the Accelerometer
- Circuit 12: Using Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE)
- Circuit 13: Using the Compass
- Circuit 14: Saving Data as a File
- micro:bit Board
- SparkFun micro:bit Breakout (with Headers)
- Full-Size Breadboard
- micro:bit Battery Holder - 2xAA
- Small Servo
- TMP36 Temperature Sensor
- USB microB Cable — 6 Foot
- Jumper Wires
- RGB Diffused LED
- Red, Blue, Yellow, and Green LEDs
- 10K Trimpot
- Momentary Pushbutton Switch
- SPDT Mini Power Switch
- Mini Speaker
- 100 Ohm Resistors
- 10K Ohm Resistors
- micro:bit Getting Started Guide
- micro:bit Getting Started Videos
- SparkFun micro:bit Page
- About micro:bit
- micro:bit Hardware
- micro:bit Apps
(SparkFun product KIT-14300)
Comment on this product
Just so you know; all our prices include GST, orders over $100.00 qualify for free shipping. Everything that is in stock (green tick icon) ships overnight on CourierPost. A lot of things that have the "blue question mark" stock icon are actually available now direct from our suppliers, please feel free to ask us if you aren't sure.
All our products are sourced through official channels, and come with a manufacturers warranty. Here's our returns policy if you'd like to read it before purchasing.